I have faith in my country, and especially in the youth of my country. My hope is in you. With an immense amount of feeling and enthusiasm in the blood, will come heroes who will march from one corner of the earth to the other, preaching and teaching the eternal spiritual truths of our forefathers. And this is the great work before you. Each one of you has a glorious future if you dare believe me. Have tremendous faith in yourselves, like the faith I had when I was a child, and which I am working out now. Have that faith, each one of you, in yourself — that eternal power is lodged in every soul — and you will revive the whole of India. Ay, we will then go to every country under the sun, and our ideas will before long be a component of the many forces that are working to make up every nation in the world. We must enter into the life of every race in India and abroad; we shall have to work to bring this about.We must go out, we must conquer the world through our spirituality and philosophy. There is no other alternative, we must do it or die. The only condition of national life, of awakened and vigorous national life, is the conquest of the world by Indian thought.
Now for that, I want young men. “It is the young, the strong, and healthy, of sharp intellect that will reach the Lord”, say the Vedas. This is the time to decide your future — while you possess the energy of youth, not when you are worn out and jaded, but in the freshness and vigour of youth. Work — this is the time; for the freshest, the untouched, and unsmelled flowers alone are to be laid at the feet of the Lord, and such He receives. Rouse yourselves, therefore, for life is short. A far greater work is this sacrifice of yourselves for the benefit of your race, for the welfare of humanity. I will tell you in plain language that you work best when you work for others. The best work that you ever did for yourselves was when you worked for others. This life is short, vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive. Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvelous work. The moment you fear, you are nobody. It is fear that is the great cause of misery in the world. It is fear that is the greatest of all superstitions. It is fear that is the cause of our woes, and it is fearlessness that brings heaven even in a moment. All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that, do not believe that you are weak; Stand up and express the divinity within you. Therefore, “Arise, awake, and stop not till the goal is reached.”
01. Spot Light : Indian Culture: Its Timeless appeal and ageless charm 02. Editorial : India’s timeless culture 03. Dharma, the basis of Indian culture 04. The Meaning of Samskriti or culture 05. Swami Vivekananda – a true ambassador of Indian culture 06. Is Indian Culture Spiritual? 07. Sri Ramakrishna – the Embodiment of India’s Eternal Culture 08. Indian Women – The Custodians of India’s Ageless Culture 09. Holy Mother: An Epitome of Indian Culture 10. The Spiritual Basis of Indian Culture 11. Indian Cultural Values for the Youth 12. Indian Culture and Indian Youth 13. Swami Vivekananda: The Bridge between Ancient and Modern Indian Culture 14. What Indian Youth need to know about Indian Culture 15. The sound of Yoga 16. Yoga-Vedanta Tradition of Meditation 17. Sat Chit Ananda – The Philosophy of the Upanishads 18. Bhakti in Indian Culture 19. Origin of Vedic Culture 20. Uniqueness of Indian Culture 21. What Man wants? 22. Connecting the Dots 23. Why be proud of being an Indian? 24. India’s Culture, Society and Economy – Its Past, Present and Future. 25. Indian Culture: Beyond Curry, Caste and Cow 26. Management Ideals and Indian Culture 27. Indian Cultural Values and Economic Development 28. Do not disrespect Food 29. Core aspects of Indian Culture 30. The Wonders of Indian Culture 31. The need for Culture 32. New India and Old India 33. Indian ideals and Western perspectives 34. What They Say – Quotes from some Eminent persons about Indian Culture 35. Namaste – the Indian way of Greeting 36. Lighting the Lamp 37. Prasada – the Sanctified Food 38. Bhajan – the Tradition of Devotional Singing 39. India’s Folk Dance and Music 40. Indian Classical Music 41. Aarti – the Act of waving of lights 42. Classical Indian Dance 43. Chanting of Mantras – Invoking the Presence of Divine 44. The Indian tradition of sacred body marks 45. Sanskrit – the Language of Indian Culture 46. Aryabhata, the Great Indian Mathematician 47. Darshan – the Indian idea of ‘Sacred Seeing’ 48. Indian Languages – the Cradle of Indian Culture 49. India’s traditional clothing 50. Dara Shikoh – The Mughal Prince who translated the Upanishads into Persian 51. A peep into Indian Dining 52. Shilpa Shastra 53. Ayurveda – the Science of Life 54. The Tradition of Indian Culinary
As part of 150th Birth Anniversary Celebrations of Swami Vivekananda, Sri Ramakrishna Math, Chennai has launched “Experience Vivekananda” Project, an initiative to spread Swami Vivekananda’s personality and message through state-of-the-art multimedia galleries at Vivekananda House utilizing short inspirational videos, 3D animated movie clips and a Holographic presentation. There would be five facets to this experience. They are:
1. Indian Culture in the Eyes of Vivekananda : Art Gallery
The present Art Gallery at Vivekananda Illam has exquisite paintings by eminent artists to chronologically depict India’s grand traditions from Vedic to the present times. The proposed plan is to enhance the Art Gallery by introducing fiberglass models and dioramas illustrating turning points of our cultural heritage.
2. Making of Vivekananda : Multimedia Gallery
This section would present how the traditions of India that consummated in Sri Ramakrishna got transmitted to young Narendranath and transformed him into Swami Vivekananda.
3. Vivekananda, the Man and His Message : Multimedia Gallery
The existing photo gallery at Illam presents all the known photographs of Swami Vivekananda supported with information from relevant portions of his life. The proposed plan is to enhance the gallery by introducing LCD displays with color photographs of Swamiji. Short inspirational video clips on Swami Vivekananda are designed to reach out to the present day youth. Special attraction is the 3D animated short films and holographic presentation that will give visitors a realistic experience of Swami Vivekananda.
4. Vivekananda, the World Mover : Multimedia Gallery
This new section presents the impact of Swami Vivekananda’s thoughts on national and international leaders.
5. Vivekananda’s room : Meditation Room
The room where Swami Vivekananda stayed during those nine days in Chennai is a great experience by itself. This room needs to be maintained so as to preserve the sanctity for the generations to come.
National Youth Day Competitions are conducted by Math every year to carry the message of Swami Vivekananda to the youth of the nation. Students from VI to XII Stds as well as from colleges participate in large numbers.
This year to commensurate with 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, the competition is based on 150 inspiring quotations of Swami Vivekananda covering various topics such as education, patriotism, personality development, etc.
More than 10 lakh students from nearly 3000 institutions from Tamilnadu and also few schools from Southern States are participating
The response from schools cutting across religious and social barriers especially from Panchayat and Government schools is remarkable.
The books play an unlimited role in bringing the youth in a disciplined manner. The need of the hour today is to give guidance and good books to the youth in order to improve their life style.
The lectures and writings of Swami Vivekananda made a great impact by producing successful and renowned people. Based on his ideas Monks and scholars have written many books in English and Tamil. It is your duty to see that these best books are available for the students and the youth. For that we have formulated a scheme called EVERYWHERE VIVEKANANDA.
We have selected 100 books each in Tamil and English from 900 titles published by Sri Ramakrishna Math so far and introduced a ”New Pack”. This pack contains books on Self improvement, self confidence, concentration, memory power, yoga, meditation and also Sri Ramakrishna and Sarada Devi’s life history and teachings.
Price details of the packs are given below:
LANGUAGE TOTAL COST SPL DISCOUNT OFFER
TAMIL Rs. 6000/- Rs.4500/-
ENGLISH Rs.7250/- Rs.5500/-
We would request you to take part in the Holy service by buying the New Pack and distributing the same as gift to thousands of schools, colleges and Libraries. The books are packed in a compact packing and sent to you by Roadways. We can also send the books directly to the Library/School/College of your choice.
We will take up an oath to see that the books of Swami Vivekananda are available in all the schools, Colleges and Libraries before 12thJanuary 2014, the birthday celebration of Swami Vivekananda. We should realize that our country as well as individual’s growth is based on our assimilation of Swami Vivekananda’s message.