Service at Govt. Rayapettah Hospital
Service at Government Rayapettah Hospital, Chennai by Vivekananda Youth Forum(VYF) Group
1. A team regularly visits the Government Hospital, Royapettah, and serves the needy patients. This service of Vivekananda Youth Forum has received appreciation from all quarters.
- VYF members serve the patients of the cancer, chemotherapy, radiation, T.B., leprosy and isolation wards.
- They give counseling to instill faith in God at the time of suffering and also discuss personal hygiene issues and make the patients aware of their ailments and treatment. They also dispel unnecessary fears of villagers regarding the diseases.
- They distribute books and back issues of magazines to help patients spend time in a prayerful way.
- They supply boiled soya beans to the patients as a supplementary diet. Prasad (offered food) prepared at the Math is also distributed to the care-givers of patients.
2. Mobile Exhibition on the Life of Swami Vivekananda: A team of VYF volunteers visit schools located in remote villages around Chennai, like Madarapakkam, Guruvayal, etc, and also in Chennai once a month. They exhibit a kit of 40 paintings on the life and message of Swami Vivekananda to introduce Swami Vivekananda among the children and youth. They share Swami Vivekananda’s progressive ideas with the youth and also imprint on the young minds the idea that if Swamiji is installed as the living ideal in their lives, they can be assured of a glorious future. Books on Swamiji are sold at a reduced price.