Sanskrit is the divine language… Sanskrit is the language of God… Sanskrit and prestige go together in India… The very sound of Sanskrit words gives a prestige and a power and a strength to the race, says Swami Vivekananda.
Many of us want to learn Sanskrit in order to study scriptures in the original and chant Sanskrit hymns and know their meanings also. In order to accomplish that, we have introduced a one-year Sanskrit Course, called Vivekananda Sanskrit Course, as a part of Swami Vivekananda’s 150th Birthday Celebrations. Teachers from Samskrita Bharati will handle the classes.
Level 1 (6 months):
To be held on: 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
Time : 7.15 to 8.30 pm
Medium of Instruction : Sanskrit
Venue : Ramakrishnananda Hall, Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore
Donation : 500/- (Rupees five hundred only)
Age: : Men & Women above 12 years
Course material (book) will be provided.
- Text book followed: Bhasha Pravesh I.
- At the end of the course, participants will be able to speak in Sanskrit and also understand Sanskrit Slokas.
- Exam (oral and written) will be conducted and Certificate will be given.
- Special classes will be conducted in common places once a month on a Sunday between 10.00 a.m. and 4.30 p.m where students from other centres will also join.
Duration of the course, venue, time, medium of instruction and fees for Level 2 are same as Level 1 given above.
- Text Book – Bhasha Pravesh II
- At the end of the course, participants will be able to read and understand Ramayana, Bhagavata and such texts.
Interested people may please contact Math Office for registration and other details:
SRI RAMAKRISHNA MATH
31, Ramakrishna Math Road, Mylapore
CHENNAI – 600004. Phone: 044 – 24621110
E – mail : email@example.com